Spread the news!
Now 4 out of 5 butter lovers agree, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Original tastes just as good as fresh butter! I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is made with a blend of oils, such as soybean and canola oils, for a great butter taste. The premium taste and quality of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® has been ensured through our high standards and rigorous manufacturing processes. It’s a level of quality you’ll notice in every savory bite!
You can feel good about using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® everyday
Attention butter lovers: Do you crave the creamy flavor of butter with your favorite foods, but worry you have to compromise? I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Original tastes just as delicious as fresh butter, yet has 70% less saturated fat, 30% fewer calories and 0g trans fat per serving. It’s also an excellent source of Omega-3 ALA**, has no cholesterol and is gluten free.
We know reading nutrition labels can be confusing. Just turn the tub around and compare the benefits of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® to butter.
Spread the facts
• Some soft spreads contain among other oils a blend of vegetable oils such as canola, soybean, corn, sunflower and/or olive oil.
• Margarine and soft spreads are similar, yet not the same. In general, soft or tub spreads are a better nutrition option than stick margarine because they are lower in calories, trans fat and/or saturated fat.
• Soft spreads are a better nutrition choice than butter. In fact, soft spreads are lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than butter.
• Experts agree that you should limit BOTH saturated fat and trans fat in the diet because both can increase risk of heart disease.
History – the secretary’s husband was onto something big!!!
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® was initially developed in 1979 by J.H. Filbert Inc. as a lower cost alternative to butter for the food service industry. The name "I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®" was coined by the secretary’s husband after trying a product sample. J.H. Filbert Inc. was subsequently purchased by Lever in 1986, thus allowing I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® to join today's Unilever family of margarine/spreads products.
The brand has grown substantially since the early days through strong innovations and excellent communication. Today, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is the second largest margarine/spreads brand in the U.S. with annual retail sales in excess of $300 million dollars.
* As stated on pack label: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Original 58% vegetable oil spread contains 8g fat (2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat) and 70 calories per serving, whereas butter contains 11g fat (7g saturated fat) and 100 calories per serving.
** I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! 58 percent vegetable oil spread contains 460 mg of Omega-3 ALA per serving; 28 percent of the daily value of ALA (1600 mg)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® comes in a variety of delicious options for all your cooking, baking, and spreading needs.