Commitment to quality – for over 70 years
Ragú® is America’s #1 pasta sauce brand, and our commitment to bring delicious and nutritious meals to families across America has not changed since we first launched.
We know that it’s not always easy to find a meal that you can feel good about making and the whole family enjoys. That’s why Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional pasta sauce is packed with 2 servings of veggies in every ½ cup of sauce. We’ve added in more tomatoes to create our richest, thickest sauce that your whole family will love.
By providing quick, and nutritious meal options for your kids, Ragú® can help you with just one but important aspect of raising healthy kids. Ragú® believes in helping Moms Feed Our Kids Well™.
- Two Full Servings of Veggies in every half cup of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional pasta sauce*
- Ragú® provides tasty recipe ideas for less than $3 per serving (Prices are based on major retail chains and may vary)
- Ragú® Old World Style® and Chunky pasta sauces meet FDA guidelines for “healthy”**
*Available in select sizes.
**According to the FDA a “healthy product must be low in fat and saturated fat, contain limited amounts of cholesterol and sodium and contain at least 10% RDI or DRV of at least one of six nutrients.”
Homemade sauce: from the trunk of a car to the top of the world
Ragú® was founded in 1937 by Giovanni and Assunta Contisano. They brought their homemade recipe with them when they moved from Italy to America. They started selling the homemade sauce out of the trunk of their car, and eventually opened the first Ragú® plant in their backyard in Rochester, New York.
In 1971, Ragú® was the very first jarred pasta sauce available nationally and it has been the market leader ever since. That original recipe created by the Contisano family is almost identical to the Ragú® Old World Style® sauce you see on the shelf today.
In addition to being the first to bring jarred sauce to the masses, Ragú® has also had a long history of innovations and "firsts":
- First line of "chunky" sauces (Chunky) – introduced in 1983
- First line of shelf-stable real cheese sauces (Cheesy) – introduced in 1997
- First mainstream Organic pasta sauce (Ragú® Organic) – introduced in 2005