More From Unilever
- Be sure to shut off the water while brushing your teeth, and use a cup of warm water to rinse off your razor when shaving instead of running the shower.
- Shorten your shower: Cutting just two minutes can save more than .
- Shop smart by buying recyclable plastic products (types 1, 2 and 5) like shampoo and conditioner and body lotions that come in rigid containers.
- In addition to recycling, your empty and rinsed out and can be upcycled into a handy caddy.
- Stash a reusable tote bag in your car and office so you can grab it when you shop and help cut down on the 100 billion plastic bags used every year.
- Support brands that care about the environment like cotton swabs, which sources paper for its sticks and packaging from sustainable forests.
- Today’s electronics use materials that often must be mined, so recycling your old laptops or cellphones saves energy as well as resources.
If you’re looking for more ways to kick-start your sustainability habits, check out Keep America Beautiful—the nation’s leading recycling non-profit and our proud partner. But above all, think about recycling by asking yourself, “Can I #ReimagineThat?” Small acts of good add up to make a big difference for our environment.