We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularize cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190+countrieswhere our brands are available
- 3.4 billionpeopleuse our products every day
- €60.1billionturnover in 2022with 59% in emerging markets
- 14 brandshad turnover of more than €1 billionin 2022
- 14 brandsin the top 50most chosen FMCG brands globally
- €7.8billionspenton Brand and Marketing Investment
- 127,000 employees worldwide
- No1FMCG employer of choicefor graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets
- 54/46 gender balancemanagement (female/male)
- 21%of our packagingwas made of recycled plastic
- 48%of our portfoliooffered positive nutrition
- 667millionpeoplereached through brand purpose health and wellbeing programs
- €818mspent with diverse businessesowned by under-represented groups
- €908 millionspenton Research and Development
- €1.7 billionincremental turnoverfrom innovations
- 280factoriesoperated by Unilever
- 68%reduction in GHG emissionsfrom energy and refrigerant use in our operations since 2015
- 25 millioncustomer ordersprocessed annually
- $50 millionof everyday products and services donated for pandemic relief since 2020
- Approximately 50%of the plastic packaging used in Unilever North America product packaging is post-consumer recycled plastic
- Gender balancedat the managerial level and above
- 16.7% increasein spend with diverse suppliers from 2019 to 2020
Unilever in the USA
We are people with purpose, bringing hundreds of brands to homes, kitchens, and bathrooms across the country. We aim to make sustainable living commonplace with high-performing brands that are a force for good, taking action for a more sustainable and equitable world.