Our Commitment to Supplier Diversity
Our Supplier Diversity Business Practices
We believe that our commitments to Supplier Diversity strengthen the agenda of the Unilever Compass and allow us to achieve goals within our business and through our supply chain. Our Unilever Supplier Diversity Business Practice helps us reach our goals, form important partnerships and holds us accountable as a business on our path to becoming the leader in sustainable business.
As a company with both local and global reach, we are committed to supporting a system in which diverse suppliers can thrive in an everchanging economic world. We believe that promoting diverse businesses is pivotal for creating a stronger, fairer, and more inclusive society.
We are committed to fostering business partnerships that include Minority Owned Businesses, Women Owned Businesses, People with Disabilities Owned Businesses, Veteran Owned Business, and LGBTQ+ owned businesses. Our aim is to build forums for new business innovations, drive a healthy competitive landscape, and foster unique partnerships with various businesses through our supplier diversity program.
The work of growing our diverse supplier base is transformative for the Unilever North American procurement organization. Our commitment includes but is not limited to:
- Including diverse suppliers in business activities where possible, including RFQs, RFPs, e-Tenders, and when seeking new suppliers for business opportunities.
- Highlighting our commitment to driving a competitive advantage within our supplier base and seeking the highest quality product.
- Establishing forums to bring diverse suppliers to the table and vet potential opportunities and new business ideas within Unilever.
- Educating all internal teams about supplier diversity to support our end-to-end supply chain.
- Collaborating with external partners and key business players to ensure that we are supporting avenues that allow the topic of diversity and inclusion to thrive.
- Engaging with a steering committee to drive the agenda for supplier diversity across the business.
- Helping diverse suppliers in our network to ensure their success.
- Identifying opportunities to develop inclusive and diverse principles within our non-diverse top supplier partners.
Our North America Supplier Diversity Program drives positive change beyond our own people and operations. It opens opportunities to work with companies that mirror and resonate with our consumer base. Aligning corporate spend more closely to the communities we serve helps create systemic change, tackling one of the economic roots of social injustice. With our new Compass ambitions, we are committed to developing a supply chain where diversity and inclusion thrive.SUDEEP BANERJEE Vice President Procurement, Americas
Resources & Links
At Unilever we have ambitious plans to grow our business while reducing our overall environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact, effective partnering with our suppliers is a necessary ingredient for Unilever to achieve sustainable and profitable growth. Below you can find links to resources that explain our sustainability and diversity and inclusion principles and the mutual responsibilities that Unilever and our suppliers have to enable us to grow with each other sustainably.