Lipton Iced Tea helps consumers 'Feel The Taste' of summer
Campaign launches summer-long celebration including release of the Lipton "Summer TASTES Report" with Mario Lopez
Purchase, NY and Englewood Cliffs, NJ, (May 28, 2013) --Lipton, America's number one portfolio of teas, is partnering with tastemakers and lifestyle experts on a campaign set to inspire consumers to 'Feel the Taste' of summer all season long.
As the unofficial start of summer, Memorial Day marks the perfect time for consumers to toss aside their sweaters and enjoy all that the sun-filled summer has to offer. To celebrate, Lipton is releasing it's first-ever Lipton "Summer TASTES Report," featuring content and tips on what to SEE, MAKE and DO this summer. Curated by experts including New York City Mixologist Scott Fitzgerald and entertainment host, actor and tastemaker, Mario Lopez, Lipton's "Summer TASTES Report" can be found exclusively on Lipton's Facebook pages (www.facebook.com/LiptonUS and www.facebook.com/LiptonIcedTea) beginning today.
Lopez said, "Summer is my favorite season because you can feel the taste of warmer weather in everything you do - including, of course, food and drinks. That's why I'm excited to team with Lipton Iced Tea to release the 'Summer TASTES Report' and inspire people to feel the taste of summer all season long."
Lipton Iced Tea is also hosting an array of activities for consumers throughout the season, each poised to enhance the sun-filled months ahead, including:
- Lipton brings 24-hours of sunlight to NYC To celebrate the longest day of the year, Lipton is partnering with world-renowned art institution PRATT Institute to create a one-of-a-kind illuminated installation that will shed light on consumers for a period of 24 hours. The installation will be unveiled at an exclusive 'Summer TASTES Party' in New York City on June 20, just in time for the summer solstice.
- Show lipton how you 'feel the taste' of summer Beginning today, consumers can visit either of Lipton's Facebook pages to upload a photo, using the hashtag #TasteofSummer, to show how they feel the taste of summer for a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to attend Lipton's 'Summer TASTES Party.' For complete details and terms and conditions, please visit LiptonT.com.
- "SUMMER TASTES REPORT" Keeps the pulse on summer must-dos Following the initial report released today, Lipton will publish a new "Summer TASTES Report" every few weeks through the end of the season.
"The longer days of summer give people everywhere more opportunities to get out and embrace life," said Linda Bethea, Senior Director of Marketing, Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership. "To help people celebrate and relish in those great moments, we are bringing the refreshing taste of Lipton Iced Tea to the forefront by partnering with a variety of tastemakers, who know firsthand all the best ways to feel the taste of summer."
Nothing tastes more like summer than that first sip of Lipton Iced Tea on a hot summer day. Lipton Iced Tea comes in a variety of easy to serve formats, including Lipton Tea & Honey and a Ready to Drink line of teas.
Made from real tea leaves and fruit flavors, Lipton Tea & Honey is a refreshing, great-tasting and convenient iced tea mix that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere - and with only 5 calories per serving!Three new varieties available this season include:
- LIPTON Tea & Honey Blackberry Pomegranate Iced Green Tea Mix
- LIPTON Tea & Honey Mango Pineapple Iced Green Tea Mix
- LIPTON Tea & Honey Half & Half Berry Lemonade Decaf Iced Tea Mix
- Lipton's Ready to Drink line of teas offer a delicious portfolio of flavors that are sure to please everyone's taste buds. Some of this season's most sought after flavors include:
- LIPTON Ready to Drink Diet Green Tea Citrus
- LIPTON Ready to Drink Half & Half (Tea & Lemonade)
- LIPTON Ready to Drink Diet Green Tea Honey Ginseng
With more than 100 years of experience, Lipton is one of the world's great refreshment brands, with tea-based drinks including leaf tea, infusions, and ready-to-drink iced tea. For more information on Lipton, please visit Facebook.com/Lipton, Facebook.com/LiptonIcedTea or LiptonT.com
About Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership
The Pepsi Lipton Tea partnership is a joint venture between Purchase, N.Y.-based PepsiCo and London-based Unilever. The partnership includes a complete portfolio of Ready to Drink iced teas for every occasion, including Lipton Iced Tea, Pure Leaf Iced Tea and Brisk Iced Tea.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses - Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola - make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo.
We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com